- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
Notice & Scope of Osborne’s Privacy Policies
Information We Collect
Osborne collects personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We do this using lawful and fair methods. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us
Osborne collects personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including, without limitation, in person, by telephone, by email, by facsimile, or online. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account.
- Make a purchase from us in person, by telephone, or online.
- Apply for credit or purchase certain products.
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law.
- Request customer service or contact us.
- Submit an Osborne related story or testimonial.
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
- Otherwise submit personal information to us.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, and debit card numbers. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients.
Information from Other Sources
Osborne may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies, affiliates, or other service providers if you apply for credit or purchase certain products.
Automated Information Collection
Osborne receives and stores certain types of information when you interact with our Websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow our Websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of our Websites, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- Osborne may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer’s operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our Website pages.
- Osborne uses “cookies” to recognize you as you return to our Website. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- Osborne may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on other third party websites were effective.
- Osborne also uses Google Analytics, which records information that your browser sends when you visit our Website. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Website so we can improve it. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. More information about Google Analytics can be found at google.com/analytics/.
How We Use Your Information
Osborne uses your information to provide requested products and services and to support core business functions. These include fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication and fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests.
- To service your account.
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions.
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls.
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, our Websites, and advertising.
- To send you information about our products, services and promotions.
- To protect the security or integrity of our Websites and our business and with regard to credit qualification and applications.
To accomplish these purposes, Osborne may combine personal and non-personal information we collect online with offline information, including information from third parties. We may also share your information within our family of corporate affiliates, dealers, or distributors to accomplish these and our affiliates, dealers, or distributors purposes.
How We Share Your Information Outside Osborne
Osborne does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information, whether you are a current or former customer, only under the following limited circumstances.
We may share information about you with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, credit card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our Websites.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
Osborne may share your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or that the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Osborne, our customers, our associates, or any other person. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on Osborne property.
Based only on your express consent, Osborne may share information with carefully selected vendors who may offer you products and services of interest. You may opt-in to this sharing under the “Your Choices” section below.
Osborne may share aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you personally. We may do this for research and marketing purposes, for instance to describe our services to prospective partners or advertisers, and for other lawful purposes.
In the unlikely event that Osborne or substantially all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Osborne wants to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We also use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your express consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for all other communications. Opt-out means we will conduct the activity unless you tell us not to.
- You can provide us your marketing preferences by contacting the customer service department as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address.
- Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests. You can also change your mind about your marketing preferences. To do so, you can contact the customer service department as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our Websites without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our Websites, but may not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain Website features.
- http://microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx>Microsoft Internet Explorer
- http://www.mozilla.org>Mozilla Firefox
- http://allaboutcookies.org/cookies>All About Cookies
How to Access and Update Your Personal Information
Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will make changes you request or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. Whether you are shopping online or by telephone, Osborne uses reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information. When we do have to collect your most private personal information or financial information, such as credit card numbers, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
Hard Copy and Electronic Storage Protections
Personal information that is maintained in our offices is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls as well. Hard copies of private information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage of private information. When disposed of, the information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise made unreadable.
Privacy of Children Online
Osborne is committed to protecting children’s online privacy. In order to protect children’s personal information, and to meet the standards of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 on our Websites without prior parental consent.
Osborne Websites are general audience websites not geared towards children. In several areas of our Websites, such as when customers contact us via email or sign up for e-mail newsletters and alerts, we ask for birth year information. We ask for this to help us ensure that children do not provide us personal information on our Websites. Please contact us at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section of this policy if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
You can also contact us via the address below:
Osborne Industries, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
120 N. Industrial Ave.
P.O. Box 388
Osborne, KS 67473
You can also contact us via telephone at the number below:
Toll Free 1-800-255-0316